‘A hands-on and analytical Finance professional with NGO experience’
You are quality driven, analytical and you thrive in a dynamic work environment. You see a due date as a pleasant challenge and with your strong communication skills you are able to hold others to it. It gives you energy. You enjoy working in a multicultural organisation. You are based in Amsterdam and you report to the Manager: Financial Control.
- Coordinate and improve the organizational planning and reporting cycle
- Critically monitor, analyse, review and explain the budget-actual variances for head office departments, programmes and grants
- Prepare and verify financial reports, analyses, management information and budgets and ensure timely submission to management and donors
- Improve and support the system of War Child’s internal control
- Ensure compliance with internal procedures and with donor requirements
- Train, advice and support the organisation on financial management
- Develop standards and tools to optimize work processes.
- Relevant academic degree
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- Min. 5 years of experience in a similar position within an international NGO
- Proven experience with financial donor reporting and donor requirements (preferably EC, USAID, UN, Dutch MoFa and similar institutional donors)
- Excellent understanding of the accounting structure and international organization of an iNGO
- Outstanding intercultural communication and team player skills
- Analytical, structured and with strong planning skills, cost-conscious and result-driven
- Microsoft Excel has no secrets for you
- Available 40 hours per week.
- Salary range from €3,193 to € 4,130 gross per month, based on 40 hours per week (the exact step determined by the years of your relevant working experience)
- 26 vacation days (based on 40 hours per week), plus 2 additional free days
- A contributory pension scheme
- Monthly mobile phone contribution of € 25,-
- Possibility to follow training and/or courses.
War Child is a young and dynamic organization. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace in Amsterdam. War Child aims to help as many war-affected children as possible. Therefore War Child has a low cost policy in place resulting in salaries below market standard.