General objective of the job
- The Education Officer ensures that the daily activities are implemented in compliance with War Child policies and work plan
Position in the organisation
The Education Officer is part of the program department reporting to the project manager
S/he manage staff.
- 1. Monitoring and implementing activities in the field
- Contributes to the identification of working zones
- Supports in the process of identification of field staff from vulnerable population
- Programs regular visits to participating public schools and centres in the field
- Assesses and monitors partner performance
- Collects and shares data for internal reporting and relevant working groups on activities, ongoing trends, highlights and challenges submitted to the Project Coordinator on the date identified (weekly or monthly).
- Takes initiative to respond quickly to unexpected challenges
- Ensures participation of relevant working groups.
- Creates and nurtures the relationships with local stakeholders, authorities, and public schools.
Result: all field activities are monitored in such way that they comply with the Child Protection Policy and challenges are dealt with.
- 2. Coordination, Logistics and administration
- Manages, coordinates, and ensures the logistics of all day to day activities in all project sites, making sure the transportation is correct and organized and snacks are distributed.
- Liaise and coordinate with social worker, ITS staff , Project Coordinator and Program Manager and works closely and effectively with the War Child Holland Lebanon Team
- Follows up with centers staff, supervisors, trainers, facilitators.
- Formulates monthly reports on drop-outs, referrals, Child Protection/Child Safety incidents and concerns, and awareness sessions based on information collected by Education Assistant
Result: Coordination and administration of activities are handled in such a way that follow up is done and reports are delivered on time.
Competency Building and training.
- Responsible for attending the competency building training at War Child Holland and those offered by UN organizations and other partners as needed.
- Responsible for cascading the competency building training to build the capacity of the Education staff.
- Conduct classroom observations and provide the teaching staff with non judgmental but constructive feedback .
- Organize a learning Circle among the Education staff and identify learning needs, challenges and success stories.
Knowledge and Experience
Degree in social work or related field
At least 2 years of relevant experience
Preferably previous experience working with children/refuges/vulnerable populations
Previous experience in PSS and Child Protection projects
Skills and Competencies
- Good Social and Communication skills
- Ability to adapt and be capable to deal with difficult security conditions
- Driving license required.
- Fluent in Arabic and good writing skills in English
- Capacity to work in small teams and flexibility to take on new tasks.
- Cultural sensitivity