General objective of the job
The Project Administrative Assistant assists in the overall implementation of the project.
Position in the organisation
The Project Administrative Assistant is part of the Program Implementation Department reporting to the Project Manager.
S/he does not manage staff.
- Prepares monthly payments for staff in the field;
- Follows up closely on monthly payments and cheque advances;
- Keeps track and monitors advances of partners;
- Weekly controls the budget to ensure proper expenditure of each budget line;
Result: Finances are handled in such matter that field staff are paid on time and according to precise documentation.
- Develops and maintains a filing system of partners;
- Keeps track and monitor advances of partners and staff;
- Performs administrative tasks (photocopies, buying stationeries, scanning/faxing documents, minutes of meetings);
- Assists in preparation of monthly and completion reports;
- Prepares and submits bi-weekly reports to the supervisor on the date identified;
Result: Administrative tasks are handled in such a way that a filing system is in place reports are submitted on time.
Organization, Coordination and Management
- Organizes trainings, seminars, project opening ceremonies, hosting donors and beneficiary visits, site inspections, etc.
- Coordinates with the field and ensures that the work is done properly and on time by meeting WCH targets;
- Manages minor procurement processes (stationary provision, utilities, minor purchases for all project activities);
- Updates and maintains information on computer database systems and in archives. Conduct some field visits with the field officers and social workers;
- Develops, design, and improve work methods and procedures in coordination with the supervisor;
- Supports in collecting data to write donor reports;
- Collects documents from the field and enters that in the database;
Knowledge and Experience
Degree in Management, finance, or similar degree;
Minimum of 1 year experience in similar positions with an NGO;
Preferably previous experience working with children/refuges/vulnerable populations;
Skills and Competencies
Strong computer skills, Microsoft office and especially Excel;
Fluency in Arabic and English;
Attentive to detail and cost-conscious;
Works well in small team;